The Great Smokies Review currently accepts work only by students and faculty, past and present, of the Great Smokies Writing Program. Faculty of Great Smokies courses select work to be submitted.
- Word or Word X document (no PDFs)
- 12-point type
- Times New Roman font
- Flush left
- Extra space between paragraphs
- Remove all headers and footers
- Remove page numbers
- Mark space breaks with ellipses (. . .)
- Author’s name, address, email, phone number on top of page 1
- Include brief biographical note
- Include brief comment about the work
- Include the author’s relationship to the Great Smokies Writing Program
See submissions in this issue of The Great Smokies Review for examples of correct format. Poets should ignore criteria that don’t apply to poetry (e.g., space breaks and flush-left requirement).
TIMING OF SUBMISSIONS:
Typically, faculty invite selected students to submit their work at the end of the semester.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL SUBMISSIONS FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES.